CEM, CPP, CBCP, CHCM, CHSP, CHS-V, CSSM, CSHM, CFC, CIPS, CSC, CAS, TFCT3, CERT, CMC, CHEP
President, 911 Consulting
Bo Mitchell was Police Commissioner of Wilton, CT for 16 years. He retired in February 2001 to found 911 Consulting which creates emergency plans, training and exercises for organizations like GE Headquarters, Health Net, Cablevision, Goodrich, Western Connecticut State University. He serves clients headquartered from Boston to LA working in their facilities from London to San Francisco. Bo has earned 16 certifications in homeland security, organizational safety and security. He also serves as an expert in landmark court cases nationally.
Bo has earned certifications in a broad array of skills with a great depth of training:
- CEM (Certified Emergency Manager) International Association of Emergency Managers, the most respected emergency manager practitioners in the world.
- CPP (Certified Protection Professional) ASIS International (American Society for Industrial Security) is awarded to security professionals. Recognized by federal law (SAFETY Act) to protect the Certificant and his Clients in law suits regarding work done for protection against terrorism.
- CBCP (Certified Business Continuity Professional) Disaster Recovery Institute International regarding all the issues necessary to create BC plans and responses.
- CHCM (Certified Hazard Control Manager) is awarded by Board of Certified Hazard Control Management to safety professionals qualified in the entire range of hazard control in the workplace.
- CHSP (Certified Healthcare Safety Professional) is awarded by Board of Certified Hazard Control Management to safety professionals qualified in the entire range of healthcare issues including JCHAO, CMS and the DPH.
- CHS-V (Certified, Homeland Security-Level 5) is awarded by the American College of Forensic Examiners to those qualified in a broad base of Homeland Security, terrorism and WMD Issues. Level 5 is their highest certification
- CSSM (Certified in Security Supervision & Management) International Foundation for Protection Officers, the premier association for security and protection officers.
- CSHM (Certified Safety & Health Manager)
- CFC (Certified Forensic Consultant)
- CIPS (Certified Infrastructure Protection Specialist) is awarded by the Office of Infrastructure Preparedness to professionals who have been trained in NFPA 1600, NIMS (National Incident Management System), NRP (National Response Plan), ICS (Incident Command System), response to terrorism and emergency management
- CSC (Certified Security Consultant) is awarded by the IAPSC (International Association of Professional Security Consultants) to qualified and experienced security consultants who demonstrate expertise in a broad array of security consulting issues.
- CAS (Certified Anti-Terrorism Specialist) ATAB (Anti-Terrorism Accreditation Board) to qualified and experienced experts in this discipline.
- TFCT3 (Trained Field Controller, TOPOFF 3) is conducted by DHS (Department of Homeland Security) for its Congressionally-mandated terrorism exercise in April 2005 in Connecticut and New Jersey
- CHEP (Certified Healthcare Safety Professional) Board of Certified Hazard Control Management to experienced and educated healthcare emergency management professionals.
- CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) is awarded by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) to individuals trained to assist local emergency services in disaster response
- CMC (Certified Management Consultant) is awarded by the Institute of Management Consultants
He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from New York University and served in the U.S. Army Reserve for five years.