Mass shootings that kill four or more people occur, on average, every 12.5 days in the United States.
Thirty percent of mass killings appeared to have been inspired by a past mass killing, according to research findings published in the July 2 edition of journal PLOS ONE.
Extensive media coverage of a horrific shooting can be the tipping point for overstressed employees, jealous domestic partners, vengeful ex-employees, and unstable customers.
It’s time to eradicate the fatal flaw in your active shooter response
The deadly phase of an active shooter on your premises is over in the first four to eight minutes, statistically before the police can arrive and deploy.
This means your employees are the first responders.
Every active shooter response I review is fatally flawed because each one misses essential procedures for you and your people during these first four to eight minutes.
An active shooter incident will unfold at lightning speed in terrifying conditions. As every veteran will tell you, you respond the way you’ve been trained.
Untrained, you and your people will freeze or panic. Yet you need to go further than planning and training.
You need to exercise your response to determine if your planning and training stuck.
Just as airline pilots test how they respond to emergencies in a simulator, you need to test how you and your people will respond to an active shooter in a tabletop simulation, or exercise.
A tabletop exercise is how you address the fatal flaw in your active shooter response. This is how you can save lives and protect your organization.
Test your active shooter response with a customized tabletop exercise
We’ll conduct an on-site tabletop exercise customized for your premises and active shooter response.
What you gain from your customized tabletop exercise:
- All participants are immersed in a simulation of an active shooter loose on your premises as the incident unfolds, confronting dozens of rapid-fire decisions—including those with deadly consequences
- You and your top people grasp all that you must do before the police can arrive
- You understand the role of the police and what they will need from you
- You will affirm the parts of your response that are solid
- You will uncover elements of your response that have holes
- You will be able to update your active shooter response and re-train your people to save lives and protect your organization.
Would you fly with pilots who never spent time in the simulator testing their response to failed engines, severe weather, emergency landings and other catastrophes?
Would you ask your people to fly with those pilots?
Let’s address the fatal flaw in your active shooter response in a tabletop exercise—before you face the real thing.
To learn more about how we can customize an exercise for your organization, without any obligation, contact us:
- Call 203.563.9999
- Email me (put “Active shooter TTX” in the subject field), or
- Fill out and submit this confidential form:
We’ll be in touch ASAP. Let’s be careful out there.
CEM, CPP, CBCP, CHS-V, CSI-ML, HSEEP, IAC, MOAB, CHSP, CHEP, CSHM, CESCO, CHCM, CFC, CSSM, CSC, CAS, TFCT3, CERT, CMC